Saturday, February 20, 2010

Indian Tea -- A Tradition

Vishal always feel that I am crazy about drinking tea... He cannot understand how can I drink and enjoy tea in Singapore's hot climate. After getting married to Vishal, I always wanted his company for Sat and Sun evening tea. But he normally doesn't like hot drinks... :( So it just leaves me alone with no company for tea...

Go to think of it, being crazy for tea has got much more deeper meaning than just its taste. Drinking tea reminds me of my Indian-ess.... In India, drinking tea is a culture in itself. Every morning and evening there will be tea in almost all the Indian homes marking a start of new day or a lovely evening. Any guest cannot leave the house without having at least a cup of tea. In the morning, everyone in the house will normally sit together having a cup of tea and talking about all the interesting news that has come in newspaper... Life wasn't complete without tea...

And now I am in a new land ( ok ok... not that new anymore but still... ). I crave for Indian tea... And the only option to get is make it urself ( and its so boring as I always had someone else making tea for me..) and drink it all alone... :(
aha.. I miss India..

1 comment:

  1. I am not a tea lover but can easily relate with my other cravings which I can seldom fulfill here !

    ReplyDelete