Thursday, October 15, 2009

Desi Beats -- Diwali...

The other day I was talking to my friend from India. She was all excited and told me you know naa Diwali is coming.. I could just reply back.. "oh...Yeah I know.... ". Then I suddenly realized how indifferent I have become towards this festival which used to bring big smile and excitement back in India. Staying in a country where Diwali is considered just another festival and is important only because of one extra holiday, does this to us....

This time I will not see excited people dressed up in their best costumes, will not see houses all decorated and lit up, will not have a big flow of sweets which we had to eat even though we are totally fed up of eating it.....
Worst of all we will not be with our family ... will not be with my parents, will not be with my in-laws, will not be with my Bhaiya-Bhahi....

I wish I could just run back to India, just for one day.... Wish I had known importance of my culture and festival earlier... wish I had not taken for granted those lovely Indian festivals which brings families together....

No comments:

Post a Comment