Thursday, October 8, 2009

Desi Beats ....

ok... I have been in Singapore in and out for around 3 months now... Although I love Singapore, I miss India dearly... (Post about Singapore coming soon)... India is the place where I was born, Studied and met my love... There maybe so many shortcomings of India, never the less she holds a special place in my heart... So here are some things that I miss India for:

  • My Family... My parents and in-laws and life long friends...
  • Food.. I love Indian Food... Couldn't find a place in Singapore where I can get nice Biryani, Dosas or just simple north Indian dish...
  • My maid... I used to have a very lovely and co-operative maid back in Mumbai.. She helped me a lot. I miss her a lot when I have to do everything on my own ( Hope I am not implying that I am lazy..;)
  • I miss reading the masala news every morning while sipping a cup of tea..
  • I miss all those hindi channels and watching those saas-bahu serials with my mom.. Also miss those (non)reality shows... And gossiping about it in office...
  • Those packet milk which used be delivered every morning....
  • Hindi Movies .. Every weekend going for any arah-garah (read bad) movie and then complaining to everyone about it... :)
  • Visiting neighbours and eating lovely food prepared by them... ( We do this in Singapore too but in less intensity)
  • I miss gossiping about movie actors, bollywood, politics, weather, bosses, managers etc during lunch break, coffee break in office...
  • I miss those cooking tips that I used to get from my all elderly friends...
  • I miss going for long walks just to eat raste ka pani puri... Wow those chats are simply mouth watering...
  • I miss chating over coffee in barista or cafe coffee day... I remember once Vishal and me sat in Barista from 10 in the morning till 6 in the evening talking nonsense... It was 5 years back and that day is still one of the most memorable day of my life...
  • I miss that feeling of security and being in my own home...
  • The homely Feeling... Yeah true Singapore is my home now... I still miss India for the homely touch...

And the list continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment