Saturday, October 10, 2009

Disaster At Home ...

ok... So Vishal loves Aloo Paratha And I love to experiment while cooking... And Thats the recipe Perfect disaster.... :)
So to make Vishal happy..., one weekend I decided to make Aloo paratha... I had seen my mom making Aloo paratha pretty efficiently... She can make it in like 15-20 mins... So I thought its not a big deal... In my mind I just joted down 5 small steps:

1) boil Aloo - easily.. put it pressue cooker and done ...
2) mash and mix all the masalas - Also easy... not much skills required ( Just that I forgot to mash it completely, the consequences of this I will face later... )
3) Prepare Dough -- ok this also easy... Just like Roti dough...
4) Put Aloo masala in the dough and roll --- aha... Here I came to know why Aloo paratha is such a delicacy aur sabke bas ki baat nahi hai. I sweated and took at least 3-4 mins rolling each paratha.. But my mistake in step 2 was showing its colors... My god, the parathas were thin, thick, with holes and what not...
5) Put the Paratha on the Stove and cook... - ok I do not have experience in how much oil to put and whether the flame should be on high or low....

Anyways, after like 2 hours of hard work (seriously 2 hours at least.. ) I was totally exhausted and with kacha-pacha (read mota-ptla too) paratha... I was hoping the Vishal would like it...
So I give the paratha to Vishal with his fav pickle and awesomely made Raita ( I had to compensate somewhere for the bad paratha) ... So here is the scene at home at that time ...

Vish takes the first byte...
Vish: Yeh kiska paratha hai??
Me: Aloo Paratha (In my mind.. Yeh bhi nahi pata chal kiska paratha hai :). Sabi masala beech main hai, isliye uska taste nahi aa raha... Side ka part chod do, beech ka kha lo...
Vish: Thik hai.. (And continues eating... )

I start eating and realize that paratha is not that great... So...
Me: Acha nahi laag raha to chod do... main kuch aur bana deti hu (Secretly Hoping that he will not ask me anything else to make... I was totally exhuasted... )
Vish: Nahi acha hai... bahut acha hai... ek aur hai??
Me: (Big Smile) Yeah Yeah sure!!!!!

So there goes my story about Aloo paratha... I am thankful that Vish is so patience and understanding and eats everything that I cook... But I know that my kids won't be that patience, So I beware dear... many more Aloo, Gobi, Mooli, Lauki Parathas .... are yet to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment