Saturday, October 10, 2009

Those Innocent Days ....

Sometimes, when I am trying hard to sleep or in that stage of mind when I am neither fully awake or sleeping ( I think its called alpha stage of mind in scientific language), a scene comes in front of my eyes... A picture of my old forgotten childhood memory.
Its said that the human brain is very powerful and whatever goes on in our daily life, it stores somewhere in our subconscious and maybe thats why once a while the subconscious send us those scene to make us remember that we also had a childhood....
So I am writing down all the childhood scene that my mind has shown me so far (mainly because I want to hold down to them and scared that I will forget them again and those memories will again go back somewhere deep inside my mind... )

  • I remember that when I was in L KG (3 Years old in Leh), I ran away from my school because I didn't have pencil or didn't do my homework.... When I reached home, my mom was surprised and I told her.. "Chutti jaldi ho gayi". Don't remember what happened to me the next day in school...
  • I remember counting number 1 to 50 and not getting it correct anytime.
  • I remember spoiling Bhaiya's and Papa's chess game because they were so involved in it and I was not getting any attention from them... (this was again when I was 3)
  • I remember asking my dadi to tell me stories. The same stories again and again. I somehow like the way she speaks. Wish I could remember those stories now ....
  • I remember breaking my brother's specs and not telling it to anyone because I was sacred. Yeah in the end, offcourse my parents came to know that I was the culprit.
  • I remember not going on the stage to receive my award (for being the fastest runner, 2nd std.). I remember teacher calling my name 2-3 times and I pretended to be hiding behind someone. ( Similar like the last scene of Tare Zameen Par when Ishan was called out for the first price for his painting)
  • I remember my brothers strangely shaped tiffin box which he lost in school and got a scolding for it at home.
  • I remember, bhaiya and me bunking school one day because we wanted a holiday and telling our parents "ek ghanta wait kiya phirbi Bus nahi mili".
  • I remember playing cricket with my brother and his team, complaining to my parents that "Bhaiya mughe sirf fielding kerne ko dete hai, mughe batting aur bowling kerna hai". And then irritated Bhaiya gave me baby over (3 balls per over) to play.
  • I remember, turning on the grinder knob when my mother was still putting the ingredient in the jar (which was fixed to the grinder already) and by the time mummy could act on it, the whole grinder mixer was all over the room.
  • I remember going for morning walk with friends during summer holiday and coming back only by 11 and then go on to play cricket...
  • I remember, I decided to leave home when I was in 2 or 3 rd std, because I challenged my father that I can live alone without them...
  • I remember writing my Unit test and then bringing back the answer sheet home ...
  • I remember telling all my brother's secrets to my parents. I specially remember the one when Bhaiya had gone to "call ghost" with his friends without telling mummy-papa and I told them about it and he got a good scoldings after that... :)

And yeah, I remember thinking to myself ... "Kassh main jaldi badi ho jau, phir koi studies aur exams nahi hogi aur koi tension nahi hoga". I was so wrong. Now I can do anything to relive those lovely and innocent days...
This blog is dedicated to all my childhood friends (Pinky, Padma, Preeti didi, Tanu didi and many many more.. ).
And I specially dedicate this blog to my brother. After writing this blog, I realize, that my childhood would have been totally incomplete without him.... So thank you bhaiya and hoping that we would have so many more memories to cherish together...

No comments:

Post a Comment