Friday, October 9, 2009

My Opposition Party...

I think its a universal law that opposite attracts... When I was in school, I used to never believe in it.. In my fantasy world, I always thought of having a partner who would like the same thing as me and we would never have any fights... (Yeah Yeah.. that was my fantasy... !!! and that too in 10th std.. so I can be excused.. ;)
Now I realize that life wouldn't have been fun if Vishal had liked the same things as me.. There would be no fights (How boring!!!) And then no making up and pampering :(
Surprisingly when I met Vishal, I was still in my dream world (or maybe hangover of that fantasy), but still I chose him over everyone else.. When I come to think about it, I can say from personal experience that opposite does attract... Here are some examples :
  • Vishal is totally a night person and I am (or was, not sure now) totally morning person. Can't stay awake in the night after 11. He, on the other hand, will not get up before 12 pm on weekends (On weekdays, 15 mins before leaving for the office)... My god...I remember how much fight we used to have for first few months after marriage... However, the fight is still not over, its just subsided.... (Maybe it will help us when we have babies.. Vishal would care of them in the night and me in the morning.. lol... )
  • Vishal is hardcore non-vegeterian. He can eat anything and everything that can walk. And I am total vegeterian.
  • Vishal is non-adventurous kind. He is the person who would be like, I have to take care of everyone and more security minded... I am, on the other hand, totally crazy about trekking, hiking, walking, bicycling, skating, etc... (We still have fights over this....)
  • He likes to eat out and try out new cuisines. And I like to spend money in visiting new and different places... ( We fight over this and usually end up doing both.. :)
  • Vishal believes in luxury.. And he knows how to live life and enjoy every moment. I think I am more practical and believe in saving... ( We are 2 total opposite end in this matter... And the good news is that we do find a common path... So we have Savings also and luxury too..., Best of both the world I would say :)
  • Vishal loves watching TV and I considered TV as my sautan. Taking away my entitled time with him... (Sometimes I have this funny imagination of fighting with TV with sword ... )
  • Vishal loves hollywood... And me total bollywood fan....
  • And off course, I have to accept that Vishal is great in GK and all kinds of logical, creative (and what not) thinking... And its better I keep quite about myself in this matter... :)
This list will go on if I don't stop writing...
Now I know that life wouldn't be fun if we didn't have disagreements... It would be wrong to say that I didn't try or wish to change him according to my thinking... But I thank god that nothing of that sort happened... I love the way things are and it just spice up our life...
Love you Jaanu... the way you are... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment