Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Great 20 Rupees....

Have you ever realized, how suddenly a seemingly small and normal event can have a great impact on your life and change your life forever....
This seemingly small incident did come in my life too... Just a normal day in collage. It was my first month of collage and being a junior, I was extremely scared of seniors and ragging. Specially the third year batch which was notorious for ragging. On that day, a huge crowd of 3rd year guys came to our class for "hafta vasooli" for organizing "Ganesh Chaturthy" festival. Everyone had to contribute 20 Rs for the same. To avoid any attention from seniors, I hurriedly fetched my wallet and disappointingly realized that I do not have 20 Rs change. I just had 100 Rs in my wallet. I looked around, asked everyone if they have 100 Rs change or 20 Rs to lend me... No one had it...
By the time seniors came to my seat, I was still holding my 100 Rs note and hurriedly looking for some classmate who could help me... Seniors said either you give us 20 Rs change or donate the full 100 Rs that you have... I panicked.. 100 Rs was a big thing that time .... Somehow holding back my tears (I didn't want to be crying baby in front of them and the class) I looked around for help.... One senior was watching me from far... God knows what came over him, he intervened and told his friends... "isko chod do, main iske paise de deta hu". In the chaos, nobody bothered to ask him why he is paying for me... They took the money from him and went ahead... I hardly could thank this seniors who at that point seemed like some God sent person, coming and rescuing me....
For next 2-3 days, I searched for him in collage to give him back his 20 Rs and thank him properly... Didn't even know his name at that time... At last after around a week, I met him in Collage Co-operative Society... Gave him his 20 Rs and said "Thanks for helping me that day". Apparently, he had forgotten that incident and looked at me as if I have gone mad....

The incident did create a soft corner in my heart for this senior who went on to become my boyfriend and then husband.... I am amazed how just a simple 20 Rs can start a life long journey of love, trust, excitement and fulfillment .....

No comments:

Post a Comment